Re: gtk-engines photographed eating children

<quote who="Andrew Johnson">

> Ok on this I have to ask, why on earth would you have versioned this way
> to begin with?

binary packages do not have independent versions from source packages, and
no one is going to repack all of the themes individually to create fully
independent source packages.

> I have no idea how to fix this problem, but I don't see that it has
> anything to do with the move to gtk-engines except in that it exposed a
> faulty way of numbering the engines to begin with.

One or preferably both of the following would help:

  a) Why do we have two packages for themes again? Why can't these all be
     gnome-themes?

  b) Versioning gtk-engines with GNOME, as it's no longer maintained by the
     GTK+ folks.

- Jeff

--
linux.conf.au 2005: Canberra, Australia                http://linux.conf.au/

   "The most beautiful things about the world are deer and bunnies. Even
   in a carnivorous way I like them, they are my favourite meats. When I
      see them together I feel that is a safe place." - Vincent Gallo