Re: Clearlooks and GNOME 2.12

On Fri, 2005-07-22 at 00:18 +0200, Richard Stellingwerff wrote:
> On 7/21/05, Shaun McCance <shaunm gmail com> wrote:
> > 1) My gnome-themes patch actually requires a newer version of
> > Clearlooks than what's in gtk-engines.  Either we need to update
> > the version in gtk-engines, or we need to depend on Clearlooks
> > and remove the engine from gtk-engines.
>
> This will be done.
>
> > 5) If we're going to depend on Clearlooks, is there any chance
> > we could get it hosted on our CVS server, using our bugzilla,
> > and making releases on our FTP servers?  I think it would make
> > things more pleasant for everybody.
>
> I'm waiting for a CVS account (request pending). As soon as I get it,
> I will move development into gtk-engines.

Rocking.  So what about all the themes, like the Metacity theme and
the various Clearlooks GTK+ themes?  If you're going to maintain the
engine in gtk-engines, then I suppose at least some of those should
be maintained in gnome-themes.

I just spoke with Havoc on IRC, and he doesn't think it's a problem
to have Metacity's schema file use Clearlooks as a default, even
though Clearlooks would be shipped in another tarball.  So that's
one technical hurdle we don't have to worry about.

Can we have this all solved by this weekend?

--
Shaun