Re: moving to dbus 0.3x asthe target version for G2.12 [was Re: DBus in G2.12]

On Fri, 2005-06-10 at 19:43 +0200, Jan de Groot wrote:
> As distribution packager, I already followed the DBUS 0.3x road once,
> and it went dead because it seems only gnome and freedesktop are picking
> up the new APIs. How will interoperability with other programs, like for
> example, KDE look in the near future with DBUS 0.3x?

This message

 http://lists.freedesktop.org/archives/hal/2005-March/002363.html

suggests that KDE HEAD is already using hal 0.5.x and dbus 0.3x since
sometime in March. IIRC all the KDE stuff use only dbus through libhal
and the libhal changes from hal 0.4.x to hal 0.5.x are mostly trivial.

    David