Patch Pending: Tray icon does not account for icon transparency mask

Hi,

(Regarding bug 150726)

Some half a year ago, I've spent a good day or two researching the
behavior of the GNOME and KDE desktop environments when it comes to
notification icons (tray icons) with transparent areas. Eventually, I've
written a detailed bug about it and submitted a patch to the libegg
trayicon code.

Since then, I was using this patch in my own code (the mozTrayBiff
project -- http://moztraybiff.mozdev.org -- provides a notification icon
upon new mail) quite successfuly and none of my users had any problems
with it.

So why wasn't my work merged into libegg? Only because nobody spent the
time to understand the issue like I did? That's understandable, but why
is the maintainer leaving me feeling as if my work was a waste?

Could anyone please look at my patch and comment on it / check it in?
Thanks.