Re: ANNOUNCE: Deskbar Applet 0.3 (keybindings)

On 6/16/05, Calum Benson <Calum Benson sun com> wrote:

> On 16 Jun 2005, at 12:47, Luis Villa wrote:
>
> > If someone could *finally* wrap that in a GUI (ideally, I guess, as
> > part of the existing keybinding dialog) that would be a nice 2.12
> > feature.
>
> Well, we still do this in JDS... I know the original patch for GNOME
> 2.0 was rejected (although I can't find any discussion about it in
> bugzilla), but maybe Erwann could re-submit it the latest version for
> somebody else to work on... I think we probably have a patch for it
> that applies against 2.10 now.

Cool! Any recollection of why it was rejected originally? [Now that
you mention it, I recall that it was submitted for 2.0 or 2.2, but
don't recall why it was rejected...]

Luis (who wishes someone or some group had the time to do a serious
cross-distro patch review, breaking out features, bug fixes, etc....)