Re: Some thoughts about window management

On Wed, 2005-06-22 at 22:10 +0300, Yaron Tausky wrote:
> The problem is that we have to merge two menus: the app's menu items,
> the the WM standard functions. This can either be done by the app
> (though I tend not to like it, as it relies on the app's good will and
> prone to abuse), or by the panel -- either way one process has to tell
> the other about it's menu structure (which can be quite complex --
> labels, icons, toggle and radio selections, sub-menus, seperators etc.).

Excuse my ignorance, but even if it isn't cross-process, is this even
currently possible with gtk?

I have an applet that is pretty much just a GtkEntry, but I couldn't
figure out how to get my GtkEntry's right-click menu (which includes
Copy, Paste, Input Method wizardry) to also contain the standard panel
applet items (Move, Lock, Remove from Panel), not to mention my own menu
items (About, Preferences).  My workaround is to also have a GtkButton
(which normally does nothing on right-click) in the Applet.

Nigel.