Re: [PROPOSAL] 'Change Password GUI'

On Tue, 2005-05-17 at 23:02 +0200, Diego Gonzalez wrote:
> There is a capplet on the control-center that i wrote it has some
> support for changing the password of a user,
> it uses the passwd command thorugh a pipe (using code i stole from
> gnome-system-tools) to change it, the capplet
> mostly works, but there are some things that need to be finished
> before that capplet can be enable in the
> default build. I you want to improve the code to change the password
> or finish the loose ends of the capplet go
> ahead, it is called about-me.

I'm not sure that these two concepts should be linked.  I think that
Password is for the user, conceptually, a separate thing from user
information.  When you change the password, you find the change password
button.  It seems to me that it would be harder for the user to find the
"About Me" dialog than the "Change Password" dialog if they were looking
to change their password.

The fact that it's linked to some degree in how the information is
stored is irrelevant to whether it's the right place wrt user interface.

Thanks,
   Chris