Re: [PROPOSAL] 'Change Password GUI'

Il giorno mar, 17/05/2005 alle 18.10 +0530, shakti ha scritto:
> Hi,
>
> I would like to propose gnome-passwd (a password change GUI) for GNOME 2.12.
>
> GNOME currently doesn't have a GUI to change the user's  password. This
> GUI can be integrated as part GNOME control-center using which users can
> change thier password without having to go to command line.

Just to add noise to this thread and became OT: why do not add this kind
of feature in GDM login screen?

This is the (only) place where usually you have to provide your system
password, so IMHO it's a reasonable behavior allow users change this
password here.

Of course GDM could need a re-design of its GUI, i.e. allowing users to
change personal information (locale, session, password) _after_ the
authentication, but _before_ the session's start.

I've some ideas about GDM re-design, but of course I've no time and
abilities to implement it :-) I could write a page on live.gnome.org, if
someone have interest.