Re: Three Point Zero - Idea Mockups

On Wed, 25 May 2005 00:11:50 +1000, Nigel Tao wrote:
> Anyway, I got around to writing up a few things, and GIMPing up some
> really shoddy mockups.  Now, I throw my crazy ideas into the ring.

Good stuff. So are you going to do it? If not, I'd create a new mailing
list for the discussion of your ideas rather than discuss them here.

Not all of those ideas need a complete shift/fork. For instance, you could
probably do a good implementation of the Mac style menus within the GNOME2
project and it could be offered as just another applet. Likewise the
people-as-first-class-objects work is being done in Galago and it's not
hard to imagine that being integrated with GNOME2 at some point as well.

If you can code, I'd start either by helping Christian with Galago or by
doing the little self contained parts like the menus. Unless you have
unlimited time/energy, I'd leave the grander parts like the tagging or
WM changes for later ;)

thanks -mike