Re: Get the applications notified when session is closing

On Mon, 21 Nov 2005 10:20:13 +0000
Ghee Teo <Ghee Teo Sun COM> wrote:

>     This is because your e-mail composing client does not conform
> to the session management protocol by the gnome-session. If the client
> is mozilla based, you have that problem. Mozilla has not been good
> client of session management.

It's evolution... I have just seen that evolution save automatically
without asking anything and asks you at next launch if you want to
recover unfinished mails.

>      gedit is a good example of fullyt compliant session client or
> even gnome-terminal itself.

gedit doesn't ask if you want to save but shows you the save dialog,
there is no way to cancel the logout. I don't know if it's a bug in
gedit or a general behavour.

>[...]
>
> -Ghee

Laurent