gruler

>From the whackarse bug reports we get at work:

It can be very hard to line a series of windows up vertically, with the
top and bottom edges in line. This is a thing that people viewing
seismic data apparently want to do quite often.

My solution to this has been gruler, which is a cute little application
that combines well with the new metacity edge-resistance code for lining
up your application edges.

Quotes from deployment include "wow, that is so much better than kruler"
and "why isn't it included with the standard desktop?".

I forwarded this question onto the gnome-utils guys (who haven't gotten
back to me yet). The question is, do you think that gruler would be a
useful, lightweight addition to gnome-utils?

--d

--
Davyd Madeley

http://www.davyd.id.au/
08B0 341A 0B9B 08BB 2118  C060 2EDD BB4F 5191 6CDA