Re: High Contrast Icons

On 11/22/05, Calum Benson <Calum Benson sun com> wrote:

> The good thing of course is that it's something we could transition to
> gradually and fairly painlessly... as an app pulls its a11y icons into
> its own source, we just delete the corresponding icons from
> gnome-themes.

This is actually fairly painful for distros.  All of a sudden, you
have to lock step gnome-themes and your application packages.

And usually, the distros don't deal with this, which means that the
user tries to update a package and gets a file conflict.  Or
alternatively, they update gnome-themes and now they have no high
constrast icons.

Unfortunately, I don't have a better solution, so this may be how we
have to do things.  Just keep in mind that it's not that painless.

Thanks,
     Chris