Re: MOTD implementation in gnome-session

<quote who="Mark McLoughlin">

> 	I do get that something along these lines would be useful for admins,
> but it strikes me that some crufty old unix hacker "designed" /etc/motd
> at least a couple of decades ago and perhaps we could put some thought
> into how whether that design best meets a desktop admin's requirements?

Yeah, because ditching /etc/mailcap was a bloody good idea too.

Let's not NIH this very simple and straightforward feature. It does not need
to be "innovated" into oblivion.

- Jeff

--
linux.conf.au 2006: Dunedin, New Zealand               http://linux.conf.au/

        "It's the most fun I've had without the use of a water-based
           lubricant." - Stephen Fry on directing his first film