Re: Totem to play audio files

On Sat, 2005-10-08 at 15:21 +0200, Frank Niedermann wrote:
> If Rhythmbox may be too complex as default audio player in Gnome what
> about a compromise like Eina:
> http://bolgo.cent.uji.es/proyectos/eina#shots

I just tried to use this. The latest version doesn't seem to build
against dbus 0.50, though it does require dbus. I tried an earlier
version that didn't require dbus, but it didn't build with the
latest version of libeina, and I had to downgrade that as well.
It also seems as if it is unmaintained, as the last commit was in
January, and the svn seems to no longer exist for it.

Unfortunate really, because I like the screenshots, so I'd like to
try it. The version I did get built, doesn't seem to find the
gnomevfs plug-in in gstreamer, and then eats up most all the CPU
when I try to add a file to the playlist.

-- dobey