Re: Totem to play audio files

El sáb, 08-10-2005 a las 20:26 -0400, Rodney Dawes escribió:
> On Sat, 2005-10-08 at 15:21 +0200, Frank Niedermann wrote:
> > If Rhythmbox may be too complex as default audio player in Gnome what
> > about a compromise like Eina:
> > http://bolgo.cent.uji.es/proyectos/eina#shots
>
> I just tried to use this. The latest version doesn't seem to build
> against dbus 0.50, though it does require dbus. I tried an earlier
> version that didn't require dbus, but it didn't build with the
> latest version of libeina, and I had to downgrade that as well.
> It also seems as if it is unmaintained, as the last commit was in
> January, and the svn seems to no longer exist for it.
>
> Unfortunate really, because I like the screenshots, so I'd like to
> try it. The version I did get built, doesn't seem to find the
> gnomevfs plug-in in gstreamer, and then eats up most all the CPU
> when I try to add a file to the playlist.

Hello, I'm the maintainer of Eina.

You are right, Eina is now unmaintained. I had some problems with
gstreamer-0.8 series during the development. I decided to wait for 0.9
(which is quite stable now, I'm looking again Eina and how to port it to
0.9).

Some points:
- I put svn again online
- It will not compile/work because it uses dbus <= 0.3x. If some one is
interested on try it, eina can work disabling the dbus features with a
bit of hacking :). It's a weak dep.
- I can 'ping' you (and anyone who is interested) on eina updates.

My plan is to work with no schedule on Eina but with the hope to make it
usable again. Very thanks for the interest on Eina. I'll accept help
too :)

PD. Excuse my _very_ poor English please.

--
Luis Lopez <xuzo ikossi org>