"Linux Standard Base Takes on the Desktop"

Hi Guys and Gals

Just spotted this news item:

"The Free Standards Group and its Linux Standard Base work group Tuesday
announced the formation of the Linux Standard Base Desktop Project,
with the support of Adobe Systems Inc., Intel Corp., IBM,
Hewlett-Packard Co., Linspire Inc., Mandriva SA, Novell Inc.,
RealNetworks Inc., Red Hat Inc., Trolltech, Xandros Inc. and others."

Has anyone from gnome been contacted about this? It would seem
to me that if they don't work with us then what they are trying to do is
utterly pointless.
Please excuse me if this has already been covered on
the ML (would someone please forward the thread to me if it has?)

Regards,

variant