Re: "Linux Standard Base Takes on the Desktop"

2005/10/18, Alan McGinlay <root variant me uk>:
> Has anyone from gnome been contacted about this? It would seem
> to me that if they don't work with us then what they are trying to do is
> utterly pointless.

I think there has been multiple mails on different mailing lists
discussing this, but even without those (from the news article):

"The group will not be starting from a blank slate. The plan is for
the desktop specification to be built on top of existing common
practices and specifications, including the ones available from
freedesktop.org."

so it isn't  really a separated effort from what the community is
doing, but rather an extension to it. Or that's my view on it anyway.

--
Kalle Vahlman, zuh iki fi