Re: metacity-list gnome org

On Mon, 2005-09-12 at 17:14 +0200, BJ�Lindqvist wrote:

> For discussing long-standing issues with Metacity. Like the
> focus-stealing problems, the placement algorithm or the (ugh!)
> minimize animation. :) And for asking things like how do you implement
> X in Metacity or like "I'd like to implement this awesome feature, do
> you think it would be a good idea or not?" It doesn't feel right to
> open bugzilla bugs for those kinds of things. Plus, it is easy to find
> old discussions by search mailing-list archives. Not so easy with
> bugzilla.

The only conceivable purpose such a list could have not currently met by
bugzilla (feel free to add comments or Cc yourself on bugs, or even
watch the metacity-maint pseudo-user) is "harassing metacity
contributors more publicly".

Metacity doesn't have any people who are super-regular contributors,
since it can be rather difficult to work on metacity for 2 reasons:
window managers are complex and arcane, but also because there is so
much negativity that you're subjected to.  The last thing we need is to
make it worse.

-Rob