Re: Notification icons hell (was Re: [gpm] Re: Gnome 2.16 Module Proposal: GNOME Power Manager)

> You missed my second point. If the icon is the application, then we
> should provide an easy way for the application to use an applet
> instead of the notification area.

Except they want it so that they work in KDE as well. That was the
original reason for the first offender (the redhat updater icon) to
use the notification area instead of an applet.

But I don't see that use of the notification area for this sort of
thing as "bad" persay. We just need to be able to handle it well.

iain