Re: Proposal to add Orca to GNOME 2.16

Hi,

On Mon, 2006-04-10 at 18:45 -0400, Willie Walker wrote:
> 2) Add orca to the "Startup Programs" entries for gnome-session.  I've
> never been quite sure why this wasn't something that was done for the
> current assistive technologies - was it because the "Startup Programs"
> dialog requires so many steps to get to it?

I think the main reason was the fact that adding startup programs
programatically wasn't very easy - the file format was pretty ugly, and
pretty unsupported. This should be a bit easier with the new Autostart
spec, which allows you to create a .desktop file and pop it into the
autostart locations [1]

Glynn

[1] http://www.freedesktop.org/wiki/Standards_2fautostart_2dspec