Re: Fwd: [gnome-love] Participate to the GNOME Goals and feel the love!

On Thu, 2006-04-13 at 01:20 +0200, Esben Stien wrote:
> Shaun McCance <shaunm gnome org> writes:
>
> > a number of icons
>
> We should have GTK+ support SVG icons and then switch completely to
> use SVG. We don't have to provide different sizes then, for icons used
> in different sizes around everywhere and it would look good on big
> screens.

My email had nothing to do with icon sizes, but...

GTK+ does support SVG icons.  It's not a question of our
platform having limitations.  Rather, it's a matter of
scalable graphics not being the cure-all they appear to
be.  Jakub has already explained this very nicely:

http://jimmac.musichall.cz/weblog.php/Artwork/Inkscape-tango-workflow.php
http://jimmac.musichall.cz/weblog.php/Artwork/ScalableIcons.php

--
Shaun