Re: Solution for OEMs/Gnome

Elijah Newren wrote:
Daniel,

Thanks for all your patience.  I see from another email that sabayon
has worked for you, which is great.  That makes your whole below email
sounds like perfect marketing material for sabayon now.  :-)  Please
keep letting us know where any other warts are so we can fix them up
if they haven't been already.

Heh, sure. And I /would/ recommend sabayon to other OEMs. I'd just make sure to tell them two things:

* sudo aptitude install sabayon
* Click on User and then "Use this profile for all users".

That's enough to make it work for new (future) users, and it doesn't prevent the user from changing the configuration afterwards. This is important for the Ubuntu OEM installation, and it's not obvious, so I tested it.

Best,
Daniel.
--
     /\/`) http://opendocumentfellowship.org