Re: Gnome 2 infinity and beyond [was Re: Tango and 2.16]

On 4/20/06, Dan Winship <danw novell com> wrote:
<snip many arguments that make a lot of sense to me>
> So how about we pull a Solaris and call this fall's release "GNOME 16", next
> spring's "GNOME 18", etc?

Because if we're going to change the versioning, we should fix the
spelling at the same time.  So it'd be "Gnome 16" and "Gnome 18".  ;-)

I kind of like the idea of referring to the minor and micro version
number of Gnome as its version number.  The 2 is understood (by the
developers) and people tend to call e.g. "2.14" a major release
anyway, so we might as well call our next version "Gnome 16"
publically.  But, I doubt most would agree...