Re: gnome-keyring branched

James Henstridge wrote:
> I haven't looked at the seahorse code much, but if gnome-gpg and
> seahorse are storing PGP passphrases in the keyring it would make sense
> to use the same key names so that the user doesn't need to reenter their
> passphrase for each app (they'd still need to authorise the app to
> access the key though).

Good point. The seahorse gnome-keyring code [1] was committed [2] today,
so I have no problems changing the field names this early on.

A screenie: http://memberwebs.com/nielsen/shots/cache-preferences.png

One thing to note is that seahorse can cache passphrases in different
ways (ie: secure memory for the session, gnome-keyring) and one of the
goals of seahorse is to cache keys/passwords of different types (ie:
SSH, x509).

It currently uses the following gnome-keyring fields.

seahorse-key-type: gpg
seahorse-keyid:    32 character keyid

Any suggestions on common field names? If gnome-gpg already has a whole
lot of users, then I don't mind using 'gnome-gpg-keyid' for OpenPGP keys.

Cheers,
Nate

[1]
http://cvs.gnome.org/viewcvs/seahorse/agent/seahorse-agent-cache.c?rev=1.12&view=markup