Re: gnome-keyring branched

Nate Nielsen wrote:
> Jeff Waugh wrote:
>
>> <quote who="Alexander Larsson">

>>> Not really. Jon Nettleton is working on pam-keyring[1], so some work
>>> required for that is going in.
>>>
>>> 1) http://www.hekanetworks.com/pam_keyring/
>>>
>> That's very exciting! Has anyone been working on kerberos, gpg or ssh love
>> for gnome-keyring?
>>

> Yup, I'm getting a bunch of code that does exactly this ready for
> inclusion in Seahorse (which manages GPG and SSH keys).
>
> There's also gnome-gpg, which integrates GPG password prompting into the
> keyring.

I haven't looked at the seahorse code much, but if gnome-gpg and
seahorse are storing PGP passphrases in the keyring it would make sense
to use the same key names so that the user doesn't need to reenter their
passphrase for each app (they'd still need to authorise the app to
access the key though).

James.