Re: patch to vino 2.12.0 to remove gconf dependency

On Tue, 2006-08-08 at 23:02 +0100, Ross Burton wrote:
> On Tue, 2006-08-08 at 23:17 +0300, Jani Monoses wrote:
> > * gconf is not the biggest issue here, it's a small dependency compared
> > to bonobo/libgnomeui, not to mention that using an entirely new and
> > incompatible config format for vino may not be a good idea at this stage
>
> Personally speaking I don't think that Vino should have two ways of
> configuring it, but if you want to write your own config file parser,
> then it's often easiest to re-use GKeyFile (in GLib), which reads and
> writes .desktop-style (aka INI style) files.

Thanks for the tip Ross. The reason I use the totally-non-standard line
based config file format which I presented is to work with some other
components which use that format. However, I wasn't aware of GKeyFile,
so that's very useful to know about.

with best regards,

Seb James

--