Re: Proposal: NetworkManager for GNOME 2.18.

Andrew,

I have been working [with David Cantell's help] to get NetworkManager to
work under GARNOME.  When I started this exercise, I was running
YDL-4.1, an FC4 clone. I found that the installed version of dhcp was
"high enough", but lacked a patch that is required for NetworkManager to
work.  This patch provides support for a "-x" option for dhclient.
Specifically:

        [from the FC6 dhclient man page]

        The -x argument enables extended option information to be
        created  in  the -s dhclient-script  environment,  which  would
        allow applications running in that environment to handle options
        they do not know about in advance - this is a Red Hat extension
        to support dhcdbd and NetworkManager.

Without a patched version of [ICS's] dhclient,  NetworkManager will not
work.

-Joseph

--
joseph_sacco [at] comcast [dot] net