Re: Gnome-utils branched to gnome-2-14

Hi Scott,

On Mon, 2006-02-06 at 17:53 -0600, Scott J. Harmon wrote:
> Emmanuele Bassi wrote:
> [..]
> > Also, there's a lot of unused real estate on the dialog, for which the
> > layout should be changed to a vertical one, which would make the preview
> > image a little bit bigger.
> >
> > There are two possible solutions:
> >

> > the default location would be either the desktop or the last saved
> > location; the default name of the file would be defined by the name of
> > the window or the date of the shot, for instance; obviously, the state
> > of the expander would be saved across instances, so that you wouldn't
> > have to click it over the next time you want a screen shot.
>
> I would really have to disagree with not displaying *where* I'm saving
> the screen-shot (as shown in
> http://log.emmanuelebassi.net/images/shots/screenshot-collapsed.png).
> How many times in other systems have you hit save, and then have no idea
> where it saved to.  Do you really remember where the last place you
> saved to was?  Is there ever a case where you won't look where it's
> saving to before hitting 'save'?

It happens all the time - when I'm using a web browser, I define a
standard place for my downloads (e.g. the Desktop or a 'Downloads'
folder inside my $HOME); Epiphany also remembers the last used location
for the 'Save as...' action.

So, it wouldn't be unheard of.

If you actually want to see the place where it should be saved, a click
on the expander would be enough; adding a label with the full save path
under the screen shot image would also be another option.

Ciao,
 Emmanuele.

--
Emmanuele Bassi - <ebassi gmail com>