Re: UI Review

On 2/7/06, Calum Benson <Calum Benson sun com> wrote:
> > Uh, we're just over a week *past* UI freeze.  ;-)
>
> I know, but didn't we always do UI reviews after the freeze, with

s/the freeze/a freeze/

> maintainers having special release team dispensation to change stuff
> after that that the UI review recommended?

Yes, but didn't we used to have a soft UI freeze + a hard UI freeze,
with the UI review coming in between? (e.g. see
http://www.gnome.org/start/2.5/).  We're almost to the time of what
would have been the hard UI freeze in such a schedule.

Anyway, I think it'd make sense to probably approve stuff that was
changed in response to UI review recommendation, if done soon, but
given that it is later in the release cycle we do need to weigh it
against possible work caused to the documentation or release notes
writers as well as possibility for instability if the changes are not
small.  So, I'd probably lean towards approving such stuff, but I
think it's too late to give blanket approval to changes made in
response to UI review at this point.