Re: New panel logout/shutdown alert - a mini ui review

On 10 Feb, 2006, at 8:56 PM, Vincent Untz wrote:

Le jeudi 09 février 2006 à 07:46 -0500, Matthias Clasen a écrit :
- The button order in the Shutdown dialog is a bit odd.
  Why is Cancel in the middle between Shutdown and Reboot ?

I tend to agree here. Maybe we should not follow the HIG in this case
since the menu item means: "shutdown or reboot?".

Restarting should be much less common than shutting down, so it's fine for Restart to be an alternative button to the left of Cancel. (Another factor is that Restart is only a shortcut, equivalent to Shut Down + start up again.)

If you do need to restart nearly as often as shutting down, either you're switching kernels/OSes much more often than the average joe, or your OS badly needs fixing. :-)

--
Matthew Paul Thomas
http://mpt.net.nz/