Re: requesting official list of modules and versions for GNOME 2.14

On Fri, 2006-02-10 at 22:33 +0800, Davyd Madeley wrote:
> On Fri, Feb 10, 2006 at 09:19:48AM -0500, William Jon McCann wrote:
>
> > In my opinion this is possibly the most clear cut and legitimate case
> > for using notifications.  I think a message that essentially says that
> > your computer will run out of gas in 2 minutes is hardly "notification
> > spam".
>
> We need to take all of these opinions to form solid style guilelines
> on this issue. There are lots of strong opinions either way, lest we
> dig ourselves into a hole from which there is no escape...

FWIW, this is probably the section of the HIG I'd most like to see in
reasonable shape before we release the next version, so proposed
guidelines are welcome as bug reports or (if you're brave) on the
usability list.

There's already a bug open about notification icons (don't have the
number to hand), but IIRC it's quite long already, so a separate one for
notification balloons might be appropriate.

Cheeri,
Calum.

mailto:calum benson sun com            Java Desktop System Group