Re: New panel logout/shutdown alert - a mini ui review

<http://developer.gnome.org/projects/gup/hig/2.0/windows-alert.html#alert-button-order>

> Anything but the following layout would just look too weird:

Mac OS uses the same button ordering as GNOME.
<http://guidebookgallery.org/screenshots/shutdownwindow#macos753>
<http://macgroup.infopop.cc/groupee/forums/a/tpc/f/148101437/m/358100019/r/3501014701>
That alert is only ten years old this month, and you're calling it too
weird? The young are easily hurt by such callous talk, you know.

> [ Cancel ] [ Restart ] [ Shutdown ]

So when I click where the Cancel button is in every other confirmation
alert in GNOME, the computer should restart? No thanks.

>> If you do need to restart nearly as often as shutting down, either
>> you're switching kernels/OSes much more often than the average joe,
>> or your OS badly needs fixing. :-)
>
> My OS does badly need fixing but that is another story ;)
>
> If you know a better way to boot into a Live CD or partition
> containing another operating system I'd love to hear it but I quite
> often use Restart for exactly that purpose. (I had and installation of
> Mandrake and Redhat awkwardly coexisting on the etc etc etc...

In many fewer words, you're switching kernels/OSes much more often than
the average joe. And proposing an error-causing divergence from the HIG.

--
Matthew Paul Thomas
http://mpt.net.nz/