Re: Debian and the GFDL problem

On Wed, 2006-01-04 at 22:10 -0700, Elijah Newren wrote:
> I personally think it's a good idea as I agree that the GFDL sucks,
Given that I regularly hear this (and mostly agree), why did we choose
to recommend[1] the GFDL as a license in the first-place? Did we have a
particular reason or did it just seem like a good idea at the time?
(Being the FSF's recommended doc license and all that.)

 - Callum (strongly inclined to change the docs he wrote to GPL)

[1] http://developer.gnome.org/projects/gdp/licenses.html
although it seems to be from the 1.x days.