Re: Debian and the GFDL problem

Hey Callum,

On Thu, Jan 05, 2006 at 07:16:00PM +1300, Callum McKenzie wrote:
> On Wed, 2006-01-04 at 22:10 -0700, Elijah Newren wrote:
> > I personally think it's a good idea as I agree that the GFDL sucks,
>                                                           ^^^^^^^^^^
> Given that I regularly hear this (and mostly agree), why did we choose
> to recommend[1] the GFDL as a license in the first-place? Did we have a
> particular reason or did it just seem like a good idea at the time?
> (Being the FSF's recommended doc license and all that.)

In most cases, policies were established before the voices against the
license got strong, but I suspect that the strongest reason is that "if
the FSF recommends this one for docs, it must be The Right Thing".

Well, we don't think it is ;)

>  - Callum (strongly inclined to change the docs he wrote to GPL)

Jordi
jordi sindominio net     jordi debian org     http://www.sindominio.net/