Re: Special folders in gnome

On Fri, 2006-01-13 at 14:56 +0100, Murray Cumming wrote:

> By the way, I think Apple translate in the UI (maybe in the Shell
> too),
> but not on disk. I'm not sure how that looks when you ssh into an
> Apple
> box. Maybe it's a filesytem thing.

Maybe being a realist here, but we don't currently translate /home,
nor /usr/share if the user chooses to look at the filesystem.

>From a filesystem POV we can use /home/%user%/Photos, and any time that
the user sees the folder (in whatever app), it's translated -- easy.

If the person uses a shell script, or KDE program, and it comes up
with /Photos rather than %translation%, then the user should understand
it's because they are not using a GNOME program.

Users are not stupid, but that is just my point of view.

Richard.