Re: GNOME Icon Theme 2.13.5[.1] AKA the HOLY CRAP, ICONS! release

> Are we silently switching to Tango here ?

I wish, but no. Jakub is updating several of the icons to have a more
modern look, by applying elements from the Tango Style Guide, to the
gnome-icon-theme style icons.

I've explicitly instructed him to keep the gnome and tango icons
different. There are several reasons for this. There are licensing
differences between Tango and g-i-t. We are trying very hard to get
people from KDE and other desktops interested as well, and simply
putting Tango icons in would only back up their arguments that it is
heavily GNOME based.

However, simply applying some of the bits of the Tango Style Guide,
such as the lighter inner hint, palette choices, and the like, can
improve the icons on one's desktop quite a bit. Andreas, who has been
helping out with the Tango icons, and has helped out previously with
GNOME icons, has even redrawn a couple of KDE icons, using the Tango
Style Guide. Needless to say, they look amazing.

But, if everyone thinks he should not update the GNOME icons, I'm sure
we can revert back to the old, drab, incomplete, and unmaintained style.
Frankly, I'm all for keeping my artist happy, though.

-- dobey