Re: Adaptive mode (Was: Re: Browser Mode by Default)

Hi Michael,

El lun, 16-01-2006 a las 03:53 -0500, Michael R. Head escribió:
> On Sat, 2006-01-14 at 09:08 -0500, William Lovaton wrote:
> > Hi Calum,
>

> > It's a bit hard for me to explain, let's see:
> > Imagine you are using the List View and you have many folders in it
> > (let's say your home directory) in a way that real files are not
> > visible, located well down in the bottommost part of the window.  Now
> > suppose you want to drag a file from your desktop to your home
> > directory... there is no easy way to do that because that file won't end
> > up in your home directory but in one of the folders located in your home
> > directory.  And that's because you are hovering a directory no matter
> > where you drop the file.
>
> It turns out that the column header area is a suitable drop target for
> the current window's folder.

Yeah, that's good to know, I just learned that from Calum's response. I
guess I can now start using List View more often and get the benefits
from the latest developments.

The only pending thing is the rubber-band selection of items in the list
view.  You try that now and you might end up moving files or folders
into another folder without knowing.

I'd think the right solution here is something like the "Details View"
of Explorer in MS Windows which is the equivalent of the List View in
nautilus.  When you select an item you just select that item (the file
name), not the whole row.  But I guess this solution is kind of hard to
implement in nautilus, may be because of GTK+ (I don't really know).

Do all of you agree?

-William

Correo Yahoo!
Espacio para todos tus mensajes, antivirus y antispam �gratis!
Reg�rate ya - http://correo.yahoo.com.mx/