Re: New modules in 2.14

Quoting Kjartan Maraas <kmaraas broadpark no>:

tor, 19,.01.2006 kl. 15.19 -0700, skrev Elijah Newren:
On 1/18/06, Davyd Madeley <davyd madeley id au> wrote:

> I'm with Ryan on this. I think we should give vendors a choice for
> the time being.

It looks like the vendors have already jumped on and chosen g-p-m.

I'm in favour of this too. Most of the main distros already use it and I
think going back to the design stage for the ultimate power manager will
just serve to drag this issue out.

There is a difference between letting vendors make their own choices and trying
to force their hand with our (possibly misguided) backing. As has been said,
let's not try and create another ESD.

We don't need to move everything into the stack that we possibly can.

--d