Re: New modules in 2.14

On Fri, Jan 20, 2006 at 09:39:12AM +0800, Davyd Madeley wrote:
> Quoting Elijah Newren <newren gmail com>:
> >It looks like the vendors have already jumped on and chosen g-p-m.
>
> Once again, I ask the question, what about our non-Linux vendors?

I think crippling functionality because Hal hasn't been ported to some
OSs yet is unreasonable. The alternative would be to provide a myriad of
small daemons that need to be individually ported, and that time could
be better spent on providing hal and giving us some consistency between
hardware access on different platforms.

--
Matthew Garrett | mjg59 srcf ucam org