Re: control-center 2.13.90 released

James Livingston wrote:
One thing I noticed is that the time is greatly affected by whether
Nautilus is drawing the desktop or not. I normally don't, but when
turned on the time was up to around a second. Drawing the icons and text
might take extra time, but is there something Nautilus is doing that
causes it to go that much slower?

BINGO. This narrows in on the culprit. Disabling "show_desktop" makes the whole desktop 3-4 times more snappy, especially with EXA. It appears that (at least with radeon), nautilus' desktop drawing breaks very drastically.

But even with top-of-the-line nVidia (with closed driver), desktop scaling speed is very much improved without nautilus.

--Pat