Re: Time to heat up the new module discussion

On 7/12/06, Calum Benson <Calum Benson sun com> wrote:

On 12 Jul 2006, at 08:56, Johan Svedberg wrote:

> * Jul 12 02:21 Elijah Newren <newren gmail com>:
>
> [...]
>
>> So, to start of the discussion, the proposed modules AFAIR are:
>>  * orca (as a replacement to gnopernicus)
>>  * alacarte
>>  * gnome-power-manager
>>  * Tomboy
>>  * Gtk#
>
> What about libnotify? It was proposed for 2.14 but rejected because of
> lack of HIG-docs IIRC?

Hmm, I don't remember that, but I hope that wasn't the only reason.
The HIG's notification section is certainly very poor at the moment,
but if there's a surefire way to get us to improve it, it's to
include the technology in the core platform so we have to do
something about it :)

It was a worry, but the bigger issue was that it depended on libsexy
and lots of people didn't like the idea of adding another widget
library to Gnome when we were doing our best with project Ridley to go
in the opposite direction.