Re: Focusing on innovation re: mono, python et al

On 7/15/06, Iain * <iaingnome gmail com> wrote:
> > Diva
>
> Same as monodevelop.

Umm, no, its a video editor...same as pitivi.

I believe he was making a reference to the comment he made for monodevelop.

> Do we really need an audio/video editor in gnome???
>
> > Jokosher
>
> Or a music editor???

Well, it hasn't harmed apple in any way.
But MacOSX != gnome
Ubuntu, Gentoo, and the other distros should come with a music editor,
a video editor, and everything else. The discussion here I believe is what
should be made part of the basic gnome distribution, and I think that
music/video editors might not qualify.

IMHO, the program on that list that most likely should become a part
of regular gnome is beagle. I haven't seen tracker yet, gonna take a look
at it later.

See ya,
--lf