Re: Killing the splashscreen for 2.16

On 16 Jul 2006, at 01:46, Alex Graveley wrote:

What about showing the splash screen after 5 seconds of visual inactivity?

Or maybe even just note how long it took to log in last time, and only bother showing a splash screen if it was more than 10 seconds, because that's probably how long it'll take this time too. (This would probably mean you'd always want to show a splash screen the first time for a new user or after an upgrade, because you won't know how long it's going to take on those occasions.)

OSX does something similar for its boot screen, IIRC: it presents a smoothly-filling progress bar that's timed to fill up as quickly as it took the boot process to reach the login screen last time. Obviously this means it's sometimes out by a few seconds either way, but it's close enough that nobody cares.

Cheeri,
Calum.

Ben Maurer wrote:
Hey,