Re: On breaking the woohoo barrier...thoughts on how GNOME can get great

On 7/14/06, Jeff Waugh <jdub perkypants org> wrote:
I have been banging on this drum in the Ubuntu community for a while, but I
guess I haven't been banging it sufficiently loud in GNOME: Whenever we talk
about GNOME, we *must* talk first and foremost about benefits, and then back
it up with the features.

Amen. :)

One of the things that seems to be drifting with GNOME both in its current form and in the upcoming (and proposed Topaz) is that a whole bunch of features are getting tossed at the end user without actively bundling them together in a coherent whole of benefits accrued.

Why would end users use GNOME and thus Linux unless they are sold on the benefits of using them ? The bells and whistles would come later and would come in a logical followup.

:Sankarshan

--
You see things; and you say 'Why?';
But I dream things that never were;