Re: Ideas for Integrating The Document-Oriented Web into GNOME

On Tue, 18 Jul 2006, Jamie McCracken wrote:

> Date: Tue, 18 Jul 2006 00:11:43 +0100
> From: Jamie McCracken <jamiemcc blueyonder co uk>
> To: "[ISO-8859-1] Steve Frécinaux" <nudrema gmail com>
> Cc: desktop-devel-list gnome org
> Subject: Re: Ideas for Integrating The Document-Oriented Web into GNOME
>
> Steve Frécinaux wrote:
> > Alex Jones wrote:
> >
> >>      3. A favourites system, allowing you to bookmark favourite web
> >>         pages, pictures, sound files, spreadsheets, documents, web
> >>         folders (dav/ftp), etc. all *by URI*. One click should invoke
> >>         the file-open process.
> >
> > I've heard of plans for epiphany to use tracker as an optional backend
> > (maybe as a plug-in) to store bookmarks. This way, it would make them
> > available for the whole desktop.
>
> Thats correct but "favourites" would be a keyword (tag)

... but if at all possible please try picking a neutral word that doesn't
need to be translated to British English from American.  (I was resisting
the temptation to bring it up again until Jamie corrected the spelling,
but since I have I may as well mention that there are many useful but dull
things worth marking for future attention that are certainly not your
favourites.)

--
Alan H.