Re: focus!

On Wed, 2006-07-19 at 11:26 -0500, Mike Kestner wrote:
> On Wed, 2006-07-19 at 11:06 -0500, Federico Mena Quintero wrote:

> > Semi-informed reply (Mike Kestner, the gtk-sharp maintainer, will be
> > able to inform you better):

> > - Last I heard inside Novell, gtk-sharp was in the process of adding
> > support for GObject interfaces, which are required to implement the a11y
> > interfaces from C# itself --- you could always implement your accessible
> > interfaces in straight C, but that's not fun :)

> GInterface registration for managed subclasses is our #1 feature
> request, other than perhaps Data Binding.  GInterface reg will probably
> be the next substantial addition to Gtk#.  Much of the work is already
> completed, but it won't be included in 2.10.x.  2.10.x looks to be an
> API tracking release only.

This is very good news. Thank you so much for wanting to implement this.

When are the C# demos, that implement GTypeInterface's, going to be
thrown at us? I can't wait for this to happen!

Next to a very good IDE (like MonoDevelop), this is going to help us
build a GNOME 3.0 platform that cares about higher level programming
languages, that integrates with it, that will leverage the techniques,
framework interfaces and components that are typically used with the
programming environment.

I will definitely be one of the contributors that will be working on
bringing GNOME things closer to the .NET world, on helping Mono to be
that next generation development platform.

Lets innovate. Lets go for it. Lets make things better.

http://www.funnypics.cc/en/philips_lets_make_things_better_764.php

I thank you.

home: me at pvanhoof dot be
gnome: pvanhoof at gnome dot org