Re: Putting the 'Mono debate' back on the rails

On l�006-07-22 at 00:03 +1000, Jeff Waugh wrote:

>   - a social/business/non-technical issue may persist regarding GNOME using
>     or endorsing a Microsoft derived technology; some users/vendors may not
>     appreciate that, to the point that they may choose to disassociate from
>     the GNOME project (this shouldn't be dismissed out of hand)

There are also those amongst the users who are getting royally tired of
this debate, we want to contribute and we want to do it using Mono. I'm
personally getting to the point where if a decision is not made as to
whither or not I will be allowed the freedom to develop for my desktop
of choice in my language of choice I'll go on a puppy killing spree.

The point being the issue goes both ways, if we keep Mono as the bastard
child of the platform a lot of upcoming developers will get tired of
waiting and seek other pastures.

- David Nielsen