Re: Putting the 'Mono debate' back on the rails

<quote who="David Nielsen">

> There are also those amongst the users who are getting royally tired of
> this debate, we want to contribute and we want to do it using Mono. I'm
> personally getting to the point where if a decision is not made as to
> whither or not I will be allowed the freedom to develop for my desktop of
> choice in my language of choice I'll go on a puppy killing spree.

Sorry, but these comments are not moving us forward - I want to answer them,
but I don't think there is anything here for us to add to the document.

There is *absolutely nothing* stopping you from writing your application
using Gtk#/Mono. Additionally, there seems to be a pretty strong consensus
that Gtk#/Mono should be accepted into the Bindings suite, so that you, as
an independent software developer can rest assured that it is a supported
platform for writing GNOME applications with. There seems to be very little
debate about that.

The other issues raised in the document *do* warrant further discussion, but
do *not* impact your ability to write applications for the GNOME environment
in the language and platform of your choice. It *may* impact your ability to
write software for inclusion in (specifically, at this stage) the Desktop
suite - that is a discussion we must have, and I am attempting to split up
the conflated issues and drive forward that discussion with as little
bitterness and frustration as possible. Commentary about cruelty to animals
does not help us.

Thanks,

- Jeff

     "I tried to make money ass signing, but the bottom fell out of the
                            market." - Liam Quin