Re: Mummy, I made a platform in my pants! [Was: focus!]

Alex Graveley <alex <at> beatniksoftware.com> writes:

> * Scripting framework
> Allows apps to easily expose external scripting and event notification.
>   D-BUS was the big missing piece here.  Can specify sets of interfaces
> for common tasks that apps can implement, and building up the frameworks
> to provide useful default implementations.

That was the subject of my talk at Desktop Developer Conference (this "minor"
conference that was earlier this week like evey year since 2004), were I
proposed ideas toward a *cross desktop* implementation of such a framework. The
people from KDE I did talk too were there are higly interested in such a feature.
DBus for this framework would just be an IPC mechanism, and not the object model.

I'll post the slide sometime next week when I actually have time to do so, but I
certainly want to push an idea like that to be implemented.

Hub