Re: Baobab (nautilus integration)

On S� 2006-07-29 at 10:58 -0400, Matthias Clasen wrote:
> On 7/29/06, Fabio Marzocca <thesaltydog gmail com> wrote:
> > On 7/28/06, intech <macosx gmail com> wrote:
> > > The thing that struct me as weird in the preferences dialog is the
> > > checkbox below that list... "Enable auto-detect monitoring of home
> > > directory"... I still can't figure out what that means..
> >
> > ...and if you can't figure it out, why didn't you take a look at the
> > documentation either on baobab's site [1] or (easier!!) in the
> > application's help?? Just poress F1 in baobab... it's not hard.
> >

> Maybe using the generic name here would be better;
> while "Open with Disk usage analyzer" is clunky and
> "Analyse disk usage" would be much better, it is at least
> immediately clear what kind of program to expect, which
> is not really the case for "Open with Baobab"

  We could take a cue from WinXP here: when you bring up the file
properties dialog for a hard drive, a few buttons are included there
that launch scandisk (file system checker), defragmenter, etc.

  In our case, when we open the properties dialog for a folder, nautilus
shows the total count of this folder.  Near this place it could have a
button 'Detailed disk space analysis', which would launch baobab to scan
the selected folder.

  Regards,

--
Gustavo J. A. M. Carneiro
The universe is always one step beyond logic